Main active substance – Ciprofloxacin
A wide range of Ciprofloxacin actions caused by its influence on the process of protein synthesis in cells of pathological microorganisms, and therefore the drug is active against actively dividing bacteria and against bacteria in the resting stage. It is impact extends to species such pathogens:
- Gram-negative (Salmonella, Klebsiella, Escherichia coli, Shigella, tsitrobakter, some types of Proteus);
- Gram-positive (Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus);
- intracellular (Chlamydia, mycobacteria, Legionella, Listeria, Brucella).
Ciprofloxacin is indicated for inflammation of the following organs and systems:
- lung and respiratory tract;
- genitourinary system;
- the digestive system;
- of upper respiratory tract and oral cavity;
- hepatobiliary system;
- of the motion;
- skin and soft tissues;
- peritonitis and sepsis.
Also in the indications for use of Ciprofloxacin included the treatment and prevention of infectious disease in immunosuppressed patients.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE AND ADMINISTRATION
Instructions for ciprofloxacin provides individual selection of dosage of the drug on the basis of the doctor patient’s body weight, age and state of health. Wherein the rate of introduction of Ciprofloxacin recommended as a liquid for infusions – 200 mg for 30 minutes in a pure form or with a dilute solution of glucose (5.10%), fructose (10%), sodium chloride (0.9%). A single dose should not exceed 400 mg, the drug is administered twice per day. Tablet form of the drug is taken two times a day, for maximum effect – on an empty stomach. The average course of treatment with ciprofloxacin is 1-2 weeks.
- In uncomplicated respiratory infections
- The drug is administered as a dose droppers 250-500 mg twice daily from 5 to 15 days.
- In acute gonorrhea
- In this case, the drug is administered in an amount of one-time intravenous administration of 100 mg. If a woman has gonorrhea with joined cystitis, intravenous duplicated oral ciprofloxacin (250 mg).
- AT urinary system diseases
- In uncomplicated kidney and urinary tract first drug is administered intravenously in an amount of 100 mg, and then, while facilitating state – orally.
|Trade names||Ciloxan, Cipro, Neofloxin|
|Licence data||US FDA|
Prescription Only (S4)
- For prevention of postoperative infectious complications nature Ciprofloxacin administered immediately prior to the operation (30-60 min) at a dosage of 200-400 mg.